Your North Seattle, WA Orthodontist
“Practicing orthodontics provides me with an opportunity to combine science, technology, and art—three things I am very passionate about—in order to treat my patients and give them a lifelong, beautiful smile. I truly love my profession; being an orthodontist is extremely gratifying, especially when I get to watch as my patients achieve a healthy bite, beautiful smile, and improved self-confidence.” — Dr. Duan
Dr. Duan’s background in research and science, along with her specialty training and years of experience, enable her to create a unique treatment plan for each of her patients. She achieves great outcomes, whether working with early corrective treatment, conventional braces, or Invisalign®.
- Specialty certificate of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics – Boston University School of Dental Medicine
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine (DMD) – Boston University School of Dental Medicine
- Master of Science (MSc.) in genetics and molecular biology – University of Central Florida
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in biology – Canton Normal University, Canton, 1985
Dr. Duan strives to continue growing and learning throughout her life. She and her staff appreciate each patient’s sharing of their unique insights, experiences, and successes. Dr. Duan regularly attends continuing education courses, and is a member of several local, national, and international professional associations, including:
- World Federation of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- Washington State Society of Orthodontists
- Seattle-King County Dental Society
- Seattle Study Club
Outside of the Practice
Dr. Duan was born and raised in Canton, China, and has resided in Seattle since 2000 with her husband and sons. She enjoys traveling, reading, cooking, and outdoor activities, especially hiking, skiing, and playing soccer.
Do you have questions for our orthodontist? We’re here to help. Call today or schedule your online appointment and we’ll be happy to help.